2009/05/07

Quest For My McCoy Jersey


This Eagles offseason seems like it has been a good one for the team. They signed two offensive lineman to take over for Runyan and Thomas, and they got better, albeit, inexperienced at the skill positions by adding Maclin, McCoy, and Ingram in the draft. Being a Pitt graduate, and watching Shady McCoy play almost every one of his games the past two seasons, has made him instantly my new favorite player on the Eagles the moment he was drafted in the 2nd round. Due to the fact that I have a couple outdated Eagles jerseys, I figured I would try to become the first Eagles fan to rock a McCoy jersey this year.

Once the numbers were released, and McCoy was #29, I was ready to get my #29 Eagles McCoy jersey. Unfortunately, still being the offseason, players, especially the younger ones, can change jersey numbers easily before the season starts. So, the fact that McCoy was given #29 for the first minicamp could easily change, especially if McCoy doesn’t want to be #29. So, I have to think of what other numbers McCoy could possibly be. McCoy was #20 in high school, which won’t be given out, and should be retired. More likely, McCoy was #25 at Pitt, and if given the choice would want #25. Too bad Lorenzo Booker is #25, which brings in some added complications.

Still following me? Booker may very well be cut this offseason, leaving his #25 up for grabs, which McCoy might then take. Or, Booker may take the #28 jersey that was vacated by Correll Buckhalter, as this was his number in college, leaving #25 for McCoy. Too bad the cuts do not happen until the end of training camp and afterwards, so I will not know about any number changing until that time. This isn’t to say I hope Booker gets cut or anything, I actually like Booker, and root for the guy.

However, because of the above scenarios, I have to wait to get the coveted McCoy jersey. Also, all of my worrying and number theories may all be for naught, as Shady may not even care what jersey number he is, and is completely fine with #29 going forward. Some players are extremely superstitious about their number, while others could care less. Short of going Robert De Niro in The Fan on Benecio Del Toro to make sure McCoy gets #25 from Booker, I will just have to wait it out to find how this number situation plays out to get my McCoy jersey.

Or, since we are kind of a big deal at Kotite’s Corner, I am reaching out to LeSean McCoy, my fellow Pittsburgh Panther, to let me know if I should buy the #29 jersey right now, or if he has some insight on what he is planning on doing, and wait to see what number he ends up with when the final roster is set. Shady – I know you are reading this, and are probably a frequent visitor to Kotite’s Corner, as many Philadelphia athletes are. Get at me, so I can achieve my goal of being the first Eagles fan with a McCoy jersey, because in a few years, everyone will want one.

6 comments:

C-Money said...

I think the person writing these posts about Lesean McCoy may have a bit of a "man-crush" on him. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but being a close friend of the author and knowing that he hasn't had a girlfriend in awhile, I am getting scared. Please tell me that you aren't going gay. I'm no homophobe, but that would be a real shocker for me. Please say that you don't like spelunking in a man's rear ...... please.....

Anonymous said...

I saw a #29 McCoy Jersey in the window of Shenk and Tittle at the Exton Mall.

sean p. said...

So do you think he's going to change numbers? I really want to get his jersey too, but i want to make sure he doesn't switch.

Should i wait till the season opener?

Anonymous said...

haha that's funny that other people have thought of this too. I was just searching for a McCoy jersey, assuming he'd stick with 29. Good point though about possible changes. Guess I'll hold off for now...

Anonymous said...

i bought the #29 jersey two weeks ago and i dont have the reciept. any ideas what i can do now so i dont have to use it for a rag.

muebles burgos said...

I saw so much helpful info here!